Thursday, June 13, 2013

Understanding the Love of God


Ephesians 3:16-19
"16.That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17. that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height- 19. to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

It was such a long time ago that these words were written by Paul.

They were words chosen by the Lord to be put in the Bible for us to have and live by.
Yet, I ask myself, do I know the Love of God? We all know that we love God. We live for Him.  We serve Him daily. We obey His word, but do we know how much He loves us? Have we tapped into understanding how vast and how great His love is for us? If we could grasp this, how would this change our lives?
I recently came across an excerpt from one of Beth Moore's Bible studies that I love, and wanted to share:

     "God's love for me extends in every direction. Because I am His child, all that is behind me must be worked toward good, even when I have failed (see Romans 8:28). In addition, everything ahead of me belongs to God. My future is entirely His, and His love extends through circumstances I have not yet known (see Jeremiah 29:11). No matter how deep I sink into a pit of despair, His hand can extend that much deeper to lift me out (see Psalm 40:2). No matter what heights this human experience can boast, God's ways are higher. Every day I spend with Him, I am lifted out of insignificance to ascend and take my place in God's High calling in Christ Jesus (see Isaiah 55:9; Phil. 3:14).
    Can you say to Him, ' I want to experience every part of You that is possible on this side of Heaven'? If you can then you will 'know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God' (see Eph. 3:19)."
Lord, through your grace, let us come to understand the breadth, length, depth, and height, of Your love for us.
Blessings~
Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment