Monday, June 10, 2013

Comfy Goodness~

I am very excited about the my latest sewing project. I am making a stash of newborn fitted cloth diapers for our little gift that is due in August. Now that it is summer, and I am not homeschooling, I have plenty of time to sew! (smile).
(Inside of diaper~Infant Prefold in Indian Cotton)
I have a wonderful mentor friend who is an amazing diaper seamstress.I used her tutorial found here. She has been available to answer so many of my questions. She has made the start of my diaper sewing journey so much easier! I am hoping to make a collection of diapers as beautiful as the ones she made!
(Outside of diaper~Bamboo Velour~sand color)
I made a few trial diapers using scrap fabric. They turned out pretty well, and helped me realize things I needed to change or be aware of when I started using my good fabric. A couple days ago, I made my first real, usable cloth diaper(shown here in these pictures)! It turned out great! The fabrics are amazing, and the diaper feels so soft and snugly!
(Outside)
(This is a Bum Genius Flip Cover that I'll use over the fitted diapers)

 
I cloth diapered some with Elijah(my third child). You could say I got my feet wet with him :)
With Emma(baby number 4), I was even more inspired, and "almost" exclusively cloth diapered her.
Now, with number 5, I am to the point of "making" diapers!...wow... :)
 (Finished diaper, my kindle with my "goal" picture, and the trusty vintage Singer)
 
So Happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment