Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A peek into my medicine cabinet~

 

I believe in using the things our Creator has given us to help heal our bodies, that HE created.

I want to share with you some of my all time favorite "go-to's" when colds strike my family.

SALT:

When those noses start to run, I immediately get my salt.
 
There is nothing like it. I like to use a good quality natural sea salt.
I mix about a 1/4 tsp. of salt with 1 cup of warm water.
 Then I get my little sucker bulb, my child (or myself). Head over the sink, I squeeze a full bulb of that warm salt water up each nostril. Repeat if needed. It's amazing what comes out of those little ones' noses, that blowing alone, will not budge! It's not the most pleasant experience, but my kids know that it helps them so much, and will even ask me to "do their nose" when they feel stuffy. The great benfit to using the salt water, is that it kills the bacteria, and helps loosen up all that mucous, and expel it. If the bacteria stays in the nose and sinus cavity (which is where a cold starts), it will multiply, and spread to other areas, like the ears and throat.

COLLOIDAL SILVER:
 I have been using colloidal silver, with wonderful results, for years. It is used as a natural antibiotic. My whole family (even as babies )have enjoyed its benefits. After doing the salt water procedure above, I will drop two drops of colloidal silver in each nostril. The best way to do this is to lay on a bed with your head slightly laying off the edge. Once the drops are in, I have my children lay down for a few minutes to let the silver work, before running out when they sit up.
 Colloidal silver can also be dropped in the ears, and the eyes. I have healed many ear infections and pink eye using it.

HONEY:
When my children complain of a sore throat, I make them honey cinnamon tea (unless they are two years of age and younger).
I heat water (not to a boil, just warm, so it does not kill the good things in the honey and cinnamon) and pour it into a tea cup. Then, I add one teaspoon of  local honey, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. I give them this usuall two times a day when they have a sore throat.
Health Benefits of Honey:
1. Prevent cancer and heart disease
2. Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
3. Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
4. Increase athletic performance
5. Reduce cough and throat irritation
6. Blood sugar regulation
7.  Heal wounds and burns
8.  Probiotic

GARLIC:
 
Garlic has so many healing properties. One being that it helps to ward off colds and viruses. For myself and my two older children, I will finely chop one tsp. of garlic (usually about one clove), and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I put it in a spoon, and cover with honey. Then, down the hatch! The honey helps get the garlic down :). My little ones (three and five) can't quite take this yet, but they will one day. It is really not that bad, and the results are worth it.
 
There are many other things I use, as well as these, to strengthen our immune systems and help us get through a cold without letting it turn into something worse and having to go to the doctor to get on antibiotics. These are just a few of my favorites.
 
Be blessed, and healthy...
 
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. Genesis 1:29

 

No comments:

Post a Comment